I designed and manufactured a Center of Gravity (CoG) Measurement Device for realizing precise attitude determination and control, led the laboratory to save $22000.
What we did:
- Surveyed the mechanism of Center of Gravity Measurement Device
- Decided on the Specifications of the Device needed for the project
- Conducted Load Analysis by Hand and on Simulation to take bending displacement into account to ensure the minimum effect on measuring weight and inertia.
- Ordered Materials (Mainly at https://www.mcmaster.com/) and Built according to our CAD Model.
- Developed load Cell data fetching, filtering, and calibration programs in C++.